GamerSushi provided gaming news and reviews from a thoughtful perspective without resorting to hype or click-bait. Fostering intelligent discussions and a respectful community atmosphere was also one of our primary goals for the site.
I was webmaster and a contributing columnist for GamerSushi. The site launched in 2009 and then went on hiatus in 2014. We re-launched it with a new design and new content in 2016. We also recorded almost 100 episodes of our podcast during the site’s first incarnation.
I’ve included links to selected posts below; for a full list of my posts, visit my author page.
- Review: Tomb Raider – Gritty reboots are fashionable these days, but does that mean you should give Tomb Raider the time of day?
- Review: Hotline Miami – It’s 1989 in Miami and you are a mask-wearing hired killer in this trippy, addictive game.
- Unexpected Pleasures in Saint’s Row 3 – Who knew vehicular mayhem could still be so much fun?
- Borderlands 2: A Tiny Bit Racist? – Tiny Tina: wacky character, or problematic stereotype?
- Achievements: Unlocking Negative Gameplay? – Does the never-ending quest for achievements drag down the gaming experience?